This is my first football-related article, so please bear with me...
Weeks 1 and 2:Coming out of the gates 0-2 wasn't much of a surprise to me. Although I liked how Eli played in week 1 at Dallas, I was not surprised with the loss, nor was I surprised when Green bay defeated us at the Meadowlands in week 2. The offense which, in my opinion could be a 10-8 team with a good defense.The offense did not play well because of the inactive Brandon Jacobs, yet the defense was its normal awful self. Going into game three against the undefeated Redskins, I had already all but counted out Big Blue.
Week 3:The first half was normal Giants football. Sloppy defense and many penalties, too go along with a sloppy Jacobs-less offense. But once that second half whistle sounded, the G-Men played like a whole new football club. The defense grinded like I haven't seen in almost five years, forcing turnover after turnover after turnover. And all of a sudden, the offense started clicking as well, led by Eli Manning and...Derrick Ward?
Week 4:I thought, "oh, this was just a fluke.. Donovan McNabb and Brian Dawkins will for sure shut down the Giants on their respective sides of the ball. Although Dawkins did his part, the defense once again came through and shut down one of the top quarterbacks in the league. The Giants tied the NFL record with 12 sacks. Six came from big Osi Umenyiora.
Week 5:Going into the inter-state rival game with Gang Green, I for once felt confident in my Giants. This game was similar to the 'Skins game, sloppy first half and an admirable second half comeback, except this time I was confident the Giants would come back. They did just that, and played equally well on both sides of the ball in an 11-point victory against that other New York Team.
This three game winning streak has given me a little bit of hope. If the Giants can play like they have been against good teams, I can easily see them going 9-7 and clinching a playoff berth. Until I see them beat a truly good team, I only see them finishing off 7-9 or 8-8. But don't give up. You always gotta believe in these New York teams.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment